There are a host of reason to link up with a coworking space, but for the sake of time, here are the top ten reasons that you need to plug in to one near you.
- Meaningful Connections: Life is too short to spend it alone in your house all day working. It’s much too short to spend it in a crowded coffee shop. It’s time to get around other people who are just as passionate about their work as you are. Getting into a space will instantly give you the opportunity to meet new people everyday and the time you need to turn those introductions into connections that can positively impact your life. As we all know, meaningful connections almost always turn into business opportunities. Whether it’s with that person or someone they know who knows someone, the more people that know you and know what you do, the more opportunities will come your way.
- Sanity: Working from home has its perks, but it definitely has its drawbacks as well. Isolation, or distractions. Take your pick. Oh, you want to head to the coffee shop? I sure hope there is a seat open, especially near a power outlet. Back to the house. Nap time. Netflix. Chores. Dogs. Kids. Insane in the membrane! Stop pulling your hair out and check yourself into a coworking space for rehab.
- Amenities: AMENities, am I right? Coworking spaces are little slices of workspace heaven. Gigabit wifi, coffee, ergonomic chairs, phone booths, networking, business mailboxes… shall I go on? Okay I will… 24/7 door access, printer/copier, snack racks, microwave/refrigerator… you get the point. If you need it to get work done, we probably have it.
- Meeting Rooms: These aren’t amenities, these are LUXURIES! If you host face-to-face meetings often then you are more than aware what it cost to rent a meeting room at a hotel or a conference center. At coworking spaces, these rooms are much more affordable and they are geared precisely towards what you are trying to accomplish. HDMI cords, tv monitors, projectors, white boards, flexible seating arrangements, and catering are what we do everyday!
- Professional Environment: Professionals need a professional working environment. When surveyed, 80% of coworkers globally said they were more productive in a coworking space than at home or a coffee shop. There is something about being in a professional workspace that makes us more productive. Instead of being at home alone or in a crowded coffee shop where everyone is doing who knows what, you’ll be in a coworking space where everyone is working.
- Value: It’s all about value. The whole point of coworking spaces is to promote value to its members and give them every opportunity to succeed. The amenities offered in coworking spaces far outweigh the monthly membership fee associated with it, when used to its full potential. This is not to say